Defensive Handgun 101
See ( Calendar ) for course dates
Defensive Handgun 101 is an ideal opportunity for handgun shooters who wish to acquire the fundamental skills that will be a gateway to becoming a safe, efficient, and effective handgun shooter. Phobos Solutions’ Defensive Handgun 101 course shooters will gain experience and practice with:
• Firearms Safety
• Survival Mindset
• Pistol Nomenclature, Safe Manipulation, and Maintenance
• Safe Drawing and Re-holstering Techniques
• Safe Loading and Unloading Procedures
• Marksmanship Fundamentals
• Safe Clearance of Malfunctions
Phobos’ Defensive Handgun 101 course enrollment is for an approximately 8 hour block of training. The items need to attend this course are:
• Reliable semi-auto or revolver handgun
• 300 rounds of conducive ammunition
• At least two (2) weapon appropriate magazines (semi-auto) or speed loaders (revolvers)
• Quality holster
• Magazine pouches (if you have them)
• Eye and ear protection
• Durable pants and shirt (preferably long sleeve)
• Appropriate foot wear
• Sufficient water and food to sustain eight hours of training in any kind of weather.
NOTE for Split 101:
Phobos offers Defensive Handgun 101 in two different formats. The course information is the same and the material covered is the same in either format.
•The One Day format is an all in one day style, which will last approximately eight hours.
• The Split Day format has approximately 3 hours taking place at an indoor location during a weekday evening and the other 5 hour portion of the class taking place at a range on a weekend morning. The Split Day format fits those with busy weekend schedules, allowing them to be done with training by noon (usually).